If only Ben Stein read newspapers.
“Analysis of a shred of 68-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex protein – along with the proteins of 21 modern species – confirms that dinosaurs share common ancestry with chickens, ostriches and, to a lesser extent, alligators”timesonline.co.uk
- Expelled quotes Charles Darwin selectively to connect his ideas to eugenics and the Holocaust.
- Ben Stein’s speech to a crowded auditorium in the film was a setup.
- Scientists in the film thought they were being interviewed for a different movie.
- The ID-sympathetic researcher whom the film paints as having lost his job at the Smithsonian Institution was never an employee there.
- Science does not reject religious or “design-based” explanations because of dogmatic atheism.
- Many evolutionary biologists are religious and many religious people accept evolution.
I could go on, but the subject of factual dinosaur evolution is more interesting than belief systems that have proven to be erroneous; otherwise I’d be gushing about Jurassic Park right now, which has it’s own baggage of belief (or Disbelief) to carry, and is far more interesting than the subject of Intelligent Design.
I should give a nod to Michael Crichton for introducing me to the concept of birds evolving from dinosaurs. Proves the value of reading widely, especially in the SF field.
Editor’s note. I may have been crowing about this a bit early. The science appears to still be out on this subject, even a dozen years later. (Wikipedia)